The City of Carpinteria manages public parking on streets and in lots in the Downtown and Beach area and as a part of most City parks. As one of only a few California beach communities with free public parking, the City’s limited parking resources are managed carefully for maximum benefit to the public. Here are a few tips for using public parking in the Downtown and Beach areas of Carpinteria:
- Please take time to note any posted parking time limits for Downtown and Beach area parking lots and streets and abide by them to avoid receiving a parking ticket.
- Please note where parking spaces are marked on streets and parking lots. Vehicles must park within the marked spaces. Parking a vehicle outside a marked space or over multiple spaces is a violation that could result in the issuance of a parking citation.
- Overnight camping in vehicles on public streets or parking lots is prohibited.
- Parking lots at City parks are open from sunrise to sunset.
- It’s public! No public parking spaces, including those along public streets, may be reserved for any private vehicle by virtue of blocking the spaces with cones or by any other means.